22 April 2013

Some new goodies

A little bunting I made for our bedroom door with vintage sheets and alpha stickers
Yes, I did talk about saving money in my last post, but I posted that after I bought this stuff... 0:D  Let's talk about this saving money business.  My intention is to save my spending money...the money set aside each month for my pure enjoyment, i.e. crafting goodies.  But there are ways I should be saving for the whole family.  Namely, my friend Starbucks...

I love me a good, naughty beverage.  I was never one of those people who couldn't function without their coffee in the morning.  I totally didn't understand that.  But you know what I've noticed?  I have a significantly more productive afternoon if I have my delicious hazelnut macchiato, or vanilla latte.  Mmm...  And I eat less too.  But here's the kicker, I have a perfectly good, functioning espresso machine!  I own the syrups!  I own the beans!  Why am I not making my own?  That's way cheaper than getting Starbucks.


jj suggested that maybe I'm a little addicted to the actual procurement of the drink, the drive, the saying hello to an actual person (being a stay at home affords me little interaction, you know).  But is that worth $4?  No.


So anyway, on to the goodies.  I got Denyse Schmidt's Chicopee line.  It's funny, I'm not even 100% in love with her lines.  I like her lighter, brighter collections, but none truly sing to me.  And yet I seem to have quite the extensive collection all the same.  Not sure what's up with that...

These are my favorites from the line.  Unfortunately the orange on the first two is only present in these two fabrics, and the rest of the oranges are darker.  That lime print is interesting.  And the blue almost has a pixelated (is that a word?) feel to it.

I suppose one could argue that I have too much fabric...where am I going to put this?

I also got Color Me Retro.  I *love* this red.  It's bright and happy.  The blue is pretty nice too.


I'm rather excited to look through my new books!  I'm anxious to see what Selina Lake's new book is like.  I don't want to get my hopes up, because I don't think anything can live up to her Homespun Style.

 I hope you have a lovely week!   :)



2 comments:

Hen said...

Hello,
I'll be interested to see what you think of the books, I just naughtily ordered myself two new ones from Amazon! Love all your fabrics, what a great collection you have. I do love Denyse's fabrics, well most of them, especially FMF and Hope Valley. I'm not generally one for dark colours. Look forward to seeing what you make.
Hen x

Cathy said...

Love your stash Erica, and your awesome green fingernails! Mmm I am a bit of a coffee addict and I know what you mean about the journey to the coffee, or is it the ritual? Nice to see you again, I've not been blog reading much for a long time, must fix that! xo